Monday, August 4, 2008

Hebrews 2:10


So don't laugh too hard, but I must confess that I am a first time blogger. I try to be cool, I even bought a Mac, but I'm still a slacker when it comes to these "high tech" things. Sweet, the picture showed up! This isn't so tuff.
Tonight at the Most Excellent Way meeting, Pastor Mike taught and shared his thoughts on Hebrews 2:10-18.  His wisdom and humor always bless me. Ferrari seats in a 1977 thunderbird. Did I hear that right?
Anyhow, you might be wondering, why the picture of this crazy person on a crazy looking ropes course, high above the ground? And I would say that crazy person is me. Before I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior, I was terrified of heights. It took all of my courage to look over the edge of a cliff, ride the chair lift up a black diamond run at Squaw Valley USA, or even to fly in an airplane. 
As I began my search for God, I realized that the reason for my fear of heights was an underlying fear of death. As the Lord began to teach me of His great love and with His promise and assurance of salvation through the blood of Jesus Christ and eternal life spent with God himself, I began to loose that fear of heights and now you can't keep me off of the ropes courses.
Hebrews 2:14,15
Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might destroy him who holds the power over death-that is, the devil-15 and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death.
I hope this encourages you and that we would all have a deeper understanding that His promises are true and that we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us.
 

No comments: