Monday, February 9, 2009

You are my son

                                         
   

Romans 4:7,8
"Blessed are they whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered. Blessed is the man whose sin the Lord will never count against him."


Once again, tonight's meeting was a blessing. The worship, the message from Pastor Mike, the food, the fellowship and the small groups are all such an important part of why this ministry has been successful in bringing people to know Jesus more intimately.
David Hill is one of those people that has been touched by Jesus through this ministry in a big way. I have been deeply moved to hear David's story of how he has been reunited with his Mother and just returned from a three day trip to meet her face to face. Tonight, as David shared a little about his trip it was as if Jesus spoke right into my heart and I hope others heard this word as well.
David told us that he was a little apprehensive to share with his Mother about his past involvement with drugs and all the other stuff that comes with drug addiction. David called Pastor Mike for advice and Pastor Mike told him if he didn't tell her now, he probably never would. David decided to tell his Mother everything and after he let it all out she said to him, " You are my son and nothing you can do or say will ever take away the way I love you".
As David shared those words tonight, I thought that I heard Jesus say Yes and Amen. I think that this is how Jesus loves each and every one of us that call upon His name. He died on the cross so that we could experience God and His amazing love. 
David's Mother also said that "son, your past was all part of the way that God brought you to me." God has a plan for us, and I think that our testimonies are strengthened by the trials, by the backslides, by the mistakes and bad choices that we make.  How sweet it is to know that we are loved and forgiven by the Most High God.

No comments: