Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Another Scott Update

I want to let everyone know that I will be having a garage sale on June 20th to raise money for Bonnie (Scott's Mother) and the kids just to help out with the little extras like growing teenagers and 4 year olds, summer fun, etc. If you are interested in helping me out, I could really use you. And if you have any items that were heading for the thrift store and you would like to donate them to this instead, please, please, please do so, soon. Please pray as well.
You can contact me by email @ angelalafalke@gmail.com

Also, if it is on your heart to send Scott any stamped envelopes he really could use them. It takes about 2 weeks for him to get mail, and I'm sure he would appreciate any encouragement that you may send along with those envelopes...(no shame, huh?)

Scott Nichols
CDC# G60555
N.K.S.P. C-2-A #117
P.O. Box 5004
Delano, CA 93216

This quote is taken from a letter that I received from Melissa about Scott's trip to prison and I hope that it encourages you as it did me. God hears the prayers of His saint's!

"On the way to prison, the guard that drove him was a victim of Scott Motors so he gave him a hard time. When Scott got to prison he was so weary and the guard who received him had compassion and put him directly with the "old men" on level 1-2 security instead of level 3-4. That was a miracle because it usually takes 2 weeks to house. God really used the trip up and the guard who received him! He has already had his physical and is in great shape!"
There was also a prayer request for Mike & Amy Daugherty. It seems that Mike has been accepted in to the Bridge Restoration Ministry and his wife is currently in the Door to Hope recovery house in Salinas. Praise God for what He is doing in this season of Scott and Melissa's lives. Our God is an awesome God!

I hope that you are all well and on behalf of Scott & the family thank you for everything.

In His love,

Angela

No comments: