Thursday, October 2, 2008

Sick as a Dog!

Where did that phrase come from? How does anybody know how sick a dog is? Well, I know how sick I can get, and let me tell you, it's not a dogs life! Just this past week I've come down with something that has made me ponder...how is it that Pastor Roger put it?....a good meditation.

I have a cold. I don't think that I have the flu, but the image here is that of influenza. Not very pretty, huh?! I was meditating on how our bodies were not initially made to be the host to a virus like this. We were made perfect, and sin was not in our bodies, but since the fall, it always has been. It's something that we must learn to cope with. Could you imagine having to cope with the flu for the rest of your life?! Some folks have a much more severe diagnosis. But what I wanted to share is this: Sin is like the cold that we get. It happens. It really depends on how we deal with it that makes us effective for the Kingdom or not. If we chose to let it reign in our bodies, we become weak, ineffectual, and we infect others. We'll pull them into it as sure as you please. But if we go to the Doctor for treatment, we'll get better. What would you subscribe for the illness of a cold?...What would you subscribe for the illness of sin? We need a diagnosis first, for sure. And I think that we have it. 'All have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God.' We're all pretty aware of the sin within. But what about that prescription we need filled? It's God's Word, for sure. I just want to encourage those reading to know the remedy for what ails them. The Bible is the in-errant Word of God Almighty. The holy Scriptures, through the leading and guiding of the Holy Spirit, will bring us into all truth and knowledge.


So if you're ailing right now, and want to get better? Read the Word. It's the only antidote for what is plaguing mankind!

No comments: